Departing from Caudebec, Alabaster Coast (Fecamp & Etretat), back to Caudebec (10 hours)
Fecamp, craddle of the Norman Dukes - Etretat and its worldwide famous cliffs
Photo opposite : © Philippe DEVANNE
The port city of Fecamp, on the mouth of the Valmont on the edge of the Channel, has several nicknames due to its long history. City of the Dukes of Normandy because the Viking Dynasty installed its duchy there, after having properly burned and looted what was there. To better rebuild over the 300 years that followed.
Fecamp, land of pilgrimage at the time of the Viking Dynasty, since there are the Relics of the Precious Blood discovered in the Abbey of the Holy Trinity. The internal struggles that marked the end of the Viking Dynasty having made the Norman roads unsafe, even dangerous, Mont-Saint-Michel will become the new Norman land of pilgrimage.
Fecamp, city of Women, because in the Great Era of cod fishing in Newfoundland waters, once the Fecamp fleet went to sea for several months, only women and children remained. Women also work in the local textile industry (flax being produced locally) while waiting for pay and their husbands when they return to shore.
Fecamp, cradle of the Benedictine liqueur, whose palace which bears its name can only catch the eye with its baroque style.
Photo. ci-contre :
Yesterday, Etretat, a simple fishing village on the edge of the English Channel. Then came the painters who revealed the chalk cliffs to the Parisian AND European bourgeoisie. Then came the fashion for sea bathing and Etretat became a seaside resort, like many of its neighbors from Le Treport to Pointe Cotentin.
Today this view of Etretat taken from the Upstream cliff is known worldwide. This is why Etretat, the department of Seine-Maritime and the Normandy Region have initiated the process so that Etretat and its cliffs obtain the label Grand site de France by 2022.
You select below in the first drop-down menu :
- The Tour "Caudebec, Alabster Coast (Etretat & Fecamp), Caudebec (10 hours)",
- You select then Caudebec, River Cruise Terminal as point of departure,
- The number of people : 2 minimum, 4 maximum.
- The date on which you wish to book your tour,
And you book online !
Other towns that have the same postal code (76490) than Caudebec for which this tour / rate is valid :
Anquetierville, Louvetot, Maulevrier-Sainte-Gertrude, Saint-Arnoult, Saint-Gilles-de-Cretot, Saint-Nicolas-de-la-Haie, Saint-Wandrille-Rançon, Villequier
- Attention to the duration of the circuit between brackets in the title,
- For Cruisers held by a return schedule, it is this return schedule that will govern the departure time of Etretat, knowing that it takes around 75 minutes of transport (excluding July / August),
- When you have selected all the options of the first screen, by clicking on "See price", you will arrive at a description of the tour chosen previously. As long as you do not click a second time on "See price" (you are still in step 1 of the booking process materialized by the line above "Select Service Type"), you can still change all the options that you wish.
- If you stay in Caudebec-en-Caux or in one of its bordering communes and want to leave directly from your place of residence, you will find later during the process of reservation a field entitled "Additional Information": use it to specify your exact starting point (as well as your place of return whether different in the municipality of Caudebec-en-Caux and neighboring).
- If you are fond of itinerant holidays, you can be dropped off in one of the communes of the described tour for the same price. You can leave your belongings in the vehicle with confidence during visits.